Cigarette sparks fire in building in Wombwell

By David Parker | 15/10/2019

Cigarette sparks fire in building in Wombwell

A CIGARETTE caused a fire in Wombwell in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday).

Firefighters from Cudworth, Dearne and Barnsley were called to premises on Shipcroft Road at 4.50am where smoking materials had started a fire accidentally, a spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

The fire was out on arrival, she added.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/