Cause of Herringthorpe rubbish fire was accidental

By Chloe West | 08/10/2019

Cause of Herringthorpe rubbish fire was accidental

RUBBISH was accidentally set alight in the front garden of a house in Herringthorpe in the early hours of this morning (Tuesday). 

A crew from Rotherham station went to the scene on Wordsworth Drive at 2am.

"The cause of the fire was accidental as it is believed the fire was started by a discarded cigarette," said a spokeswoman from South Yorkshire and Rescue. 

The crew left the scene at 2.20am. 


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/