Cause of Denaby Main flat fire accidental

By Chloe West | 18/09/2019

Cause of Denaby Main flat fire accidental

A FLAT occupant was given oxygen by firefighters after a fire broke out last night (Tuesday) in the Dearne Valley.

The cause of the ground-floor flat fire in Kilner Court, Denaby Main, was accidental, a fire service spokeswoman said.

Crews from Edlington, Dearne and Rotherham stations attended the scene at 6.40pm. 

"The fire started on the ground-floor of the flat and the owner was given oxygen at the scene and checked over by paramedics," she added.

"The cause of the fire was accidental."

 


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/