Casualty administered oxygen after Dalton cooker blaze

Casualty administered oxygen after Dalton cooker blaze

By David Parker | 10/08/2020

Casualty administered oxygen after Dalton cooker blaze

A CASUALTY at a fire in Dalton was administered oxygen after a tea towel left on a cooker sparked a blaze.

Firefighters from Rotherham station were called to a flat fire at Millhouse Court on Doncaster Road at 8.55pm on Friday, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

"This was a tea towel that had been left on the top of a cooker and had set alight," said the spokesperson.

"Luckily the occupant had smoke alarms fitted.

"The flat was heavily smoke logged and the occupant was administered oxygen on scene."

Crews left at 9.35pm and the fire was deemed to be accidental, added the spokesperson.




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/