Candle sparks fire at house in Balby

Candle sparks fire at house in Balby

By David Parker | 05/11/2021

Candle sparks fire at house in Balby

A CANDLE set fire to a table cloth in a house in Balby last night, filling the property with smoke.

Firefighters from Edlington and Doncaster stations were called to the blaze on St Catherine’s Avenue at 9.54pm, a spokesperson for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said.

“Upon arrival, they found a smoke logged house, but no fire,” said the spokesperson.

“This had occurred due to a candle setting fire to a table cloth.

“This was smothered by the occupier in time to stop the fire, but not the smoke.

“Crews left the scene at 10.09pm.”


Fill out my online form.



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/