Burnt food causes house fire in Kimberworth

Burnt food causes house fire in Kimberworth

By Chloe West | 04/03/2019

Burnt food causes house fire in Kimberworth

FOOD that was "accidentally burnt" caused a fire in a terraced house in Kimberworth. 

A crew from Rotherham station attended the scene in Meadowhall Road at 4.10am on Saturday (March 2). 

"The occupier of the property was treated for smoke inhalation," said a spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.

"Food was forgotten about and burnt accidentally, which resulted in the fire." 

The crew was at the scene for just over an hour, leaving at 5.15am. 


Fill out my online form.



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/