Brinsworth family flees blaze
A FAMILY escaped unharmed after a fire broke out in their living room in the early hours of this morning.
Fire crews from Rotherham and Darnall Stations were alerted to the blaze at 2.30am after the owner of the house, in Hackness Lane, Brinsworth, returned from his shift to find smoke in the living room.
He woke his wife and two children, who were able to get out of the house before the emergency services arrived on the scene.
Firefighters spent two hours tackling the fire which is currently under investigation, but is not believed to be suspicious.
The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.
Spotted something we should know about?
Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/