A BOXER has been cleared of assaulting a woman multiple times after the complainant withdrew her evidence.
Chad Gaynor (30), of Warreners Drive, Thrybergh, had been due to stand trial at Sheffield Crown Court in September accused of three counts of assault occasioning actual bodily harm, two counts of criminal damage and one of controlling and coercive behaviour.
He was accused of assaulting the woman on October 20, December 19 and December 22, damaging her mobile phone and damaging her TV on Christmas Day.
Gaynor had also been accused of committing controlling and coercive behaviour against the woman between June and December.
He had denied all of the offences and not guilty verdicts were returned at a brief hearing at the crown court held today (Thursday).
Prosecutor Mr Ian West said: “The complainant, an ex-partner of the defendant, has withdrawn her support for the prosecution.”
Mr West said the Crown Prosecution Service had reviewed the case and had decided it was not one they could prosecute, and offered no evidence.
Gaynor, who did not appear at Thursday’s hearing, was given a 12-week jail term, suspended for 18 months, last October for breaching a non-molestation order by visiting a different ex-partner whom he had been banned from seeing.
The Rotherham fighter had a gloved pro record of 15 wins and two losses before a neck injury six years ago put his career on hold.