Blaze in generator room of Manvers call centre

By Sam Cooper | 20/11/2017

Blaze in generator room of Manvers call centre

A BLAZE broke out in the generator room of a call centre over the weekend.

Firefighters were called to Capita, off Manvers Way, Manvers, at around 8pm on Saturday.

A fire service spokesman said the blaze was out by the time crews arrived but the room was heavily smoke-logged.

Crews from Cudworth, Dearne and Rotherham spent around half-an-hour at the scene and no-one was injured in the incident.

Firefighters also dealt with a garage fire on Hounsfield Road, East Herringthorpe, at around 7.30pm on Sunday.

Crews from Maltby and Rotherham spent around half-an-hour putting out the blaze in a detached garage.

Arsonists also torched an Audi A4 parked at the Keel Inn pub in Wombwell at around 4.20am on Sunday.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/