Bedroom fire at Kiveton Park home was accidental say fire officials

Bedroom fire at Kiveton Park home was accidental say fire officials

By Chloe West | 18/05/2020

Bedroom fire at Kiveton Park home was accidental say fire officials

A BEDROOM fire at a house in Kiveton Park on Friday night had happened accidentally. 

Firefighters from Maltby, Aston Park and Birley Moor were called to Walesmoor Avenue at 7.45pm.

They found the bedroom of a house fully involved in fire, said a spokesman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.

"Everyone was out of the property as crews arrive and swift action meant the fire was limited to the one room – albeit there was smoke damage to the upper floor of the house," he added.

"Nobody was injured and this was dealt with by 9.06pm.

"It is thought to have been started accidentally."




Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/