A BEDROOM blaze at Herringthorpe is believed to have started with a scented candle, the fire service said.
Crews from Maltby, Aston Park and Rotherham were called to Chaucer Road shortly before 8.15pm on Saturday.
The front bedroom was well alight on arrival but all occupants were out of the house and there were no injuries.
A fire service spokesperson said: “It is thought the fire started with a scented candle that had been left on a set of drawers.”
Earlier, crews from Dearne and Tankersley attended a house fire on Hough Lane in Wombwell.
They were called shortly before 3.30am and found a chiminea had set fire to decking, doors and windows at the rear of the property.
The spokesperson added: “The fire was limited to the outside but smoke did spread through the property. The crews extinguished the fire, and cleared the smoke, by 4.43am.”