Bathroom blaze was caused by incense sticks

Bathroom blaze was caused by incense sticks

By Admin | 14/12/2020

Bathroom blaze was caused by incense sticks

INCENSE sticks caused a blaze in the bathroom of a flat at Holmes.

South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue attended Holmes Lane at about 9.45pm on Friday.

A spokesperson said: “A woman had been having a bath but, after leaving the room, ash from the sticks dropped onto toilet paper and ignited, causing a small fire.

“The woman escaped the building unharmed and Elm Lane, Parkway and Rotherham firefighters dealt with the blaze and ventilated the property.”

Crews from Rotherham, Dearne and Edlington attended an accidental blaze involving a kitchen bin on Fitzwilliam Street at Swinton just before 2am on Saturday.

A car was deliberately set alight near a railway bridge at Nursery Lane in Sprotbrough at 4.45am the same day.

A discarded cigarette ignited floor sweepings at a garage on Rochester Road in South Anston on Saturday night.

Firefighters from Aston Park, Worksop and Maltby attended at 9.15pm — and afterwards fitted smoke alarms.


Fill out my online form.



Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 803562
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/