Barbecue led to Herringthorpe shed blaze

By Admin | 15/07/2019

Barbecue led to Herringthorpe shed blaze

A BARBECUE led to an early hours shed blaze in Herringthorpe on Sunday.

Firefighters from Rotherham station were at Shenstone Road for 20 minutes from 1.10am.

They found that the accidental fire had been caused by a discarded barbecue.

In Goldthorpe, a deliberate fire involving rubbish also spread to a shed on Main Street at 12.45am on Saturday.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/