TWO barbecues led to blazes which had to be put out by firefighters over the weekend.
They were called to an unattended barbecue fire which spread to an outhouse on Birchall Avenue in Whiston at 9.10pm on Saturday.
The fire crew spent an hour at the scene.
Later on Saturday night, a fire crew was called at 11.40pm to Leybourne Road in Kimberworth Park after flames from a barbecue spread to decking.
The blaze took under half-an-hour to bring under control.
Firefighters also dealth with an accidental rubbish fire on Broad Street, Parkgate, at around 11.30pm on Sunday.
It took them around 15 minutes to put the fire out.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.