Fire breaks out in lounge of bungalow

A MAN needed medical treatment following a fire in the lounge of his home this morning.

Firefighters were called to a bungalow on Peregrine Way, Harthill, at around 11am today (Wednesday).

A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the accidental fire was believed to have been started from smoking materials.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Two fire crews from Rotherham and Birley Moor station left the scene at 11.35am.

Police and ambulance services also attended the incident and the man was treated for smoke inhalation but was not conveyed to hospital.