Woman injured in Bramley bedroom fire

By Dave Doyle | 15/09/2017

Woman injured in Bramley bedroom fire

ONE woman was hospitalised after a house fire in Bramley last night.

Firefighters were called to Old Hall Mews at around 8.40pm, where a bedroom in the detached property was ablaze.

Crews from Maltby, Rotherham and Edlington stations attended, with the last leaving the scene at 11.50pm.

A spokeswoman said the fire is thought to have been caused accidentally, possibly by a candle.

Firefighters also dealt with two deliberate fires in the early hours.

One appliance from Rotherham station attended Stanley Street, Moorgate at 2.30am, when one vehicle was alight, damaging two others.

And one crew from Dearne station was called to Lindley Street, Eastwood at 2.55am, when one vehicle was on fire.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/