Tea light sparks chimney fire

By Antony Clay | 15/05/2017

Tea light sparks chimney fire

AN UNSUPERVISED tea light candle led to a chimney fire.

Three fire crews were called to the house on Hillcrest Road, East Dene, at 9.45pm on Friday, and the tea light was removed from the property.

Firefighters were on site for 20 minutes.

A Volkswagen Passat car caught fire accidentally on Moorhead Way in Bramley on Saturday.

A Maltby fire crew was called to tackle the blaze at 11.35am and spent 20 minutes at the scene.

Firefighters also dealt with a shed fire believed to have been caused by a generator on Aldwarke Lane at around 1.15pm on Saturday.

A crew from Rotherham spent around 45 minutes at the scene.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/