POLICE have issued a warning after rogue traders offering home improvements targeted pensioners in Bramley and Maltby.
South Yorkshire Police sent out an alert advising people living in the areas to be cautious.
A spokesman offered the following advice:
- Lock your back door and close windows before you answer the door
- Use a spy hole and chain to check who the caller is before you answer
- Ask to see the caller’s ID, even if they have made an appointment to see you, and call their company yourself (not on a number they provide) to check they are genuine
- Never leave the door open and unattended — close it until you return
- Ask the caller to return another time when someone can be with you.