POLICE visited newsagent staff to provide victim support and security measures after an armed robbery.
Officers went to the shop in St John’s Green, Kimberworth, to offer reassurance following the incident last Monday (5).
It was part of Operation Alligator, which launched last week as an initiative targeting crime and antisocial behaviour hotspots.
- A day of action on Saturday focused on Kimberworth, Moorgate, Eastwood and Ferham. The results included:
- One arrest for drink-driving
- One street caution for cannabis possession
- Stolen goods recovered from a seized vehicle was seized. Enquiries are ongoing to identify the owners.
- Drug sweeps at two licensed premises.
- Nine drug-related stop and searches.
- Letters and cautions issued to seven youths for throwing stones.
Insp Jenny Lax said: “The aim of this initiative is to target areas identified as having specific problems.
“We want members of the public to know what we are out and about, listening to their concerns and taking robust actions against those causing misery.
"You will see us out and about in your communities and we hope to continue to build our links with residents who are vital in our fight against crime.”