THE two men arrested yesterday in connection with historic child sex offences against young girls in Rotherham have been bailed.
National Crime Agency (NCA) investigators arrested the men yesterday in Rotherham and Sheffield in connection with Operation Stovewood - an investigation into non-familial child sexual exploitation and abuse in the town between 1997 and 2013.
The men were questioned at a South Yorkshire police station and an NCA spokesman said today they have now been bailed pending further enquiries until November.
One man was arrested in Rotherham on suspicion of indecent assault.
The offence is believed to have taken place against a girl aged under 16.
The second man was arrested in Sheffield on suspicion of sexual assault against a different girl, also aged under 16.
Three men in total have now been arrested by Operation Stovewood officers.
The operation covers the time period of the Jay Report, which found that up to 1,400 girls were subjected to sexual abuse in Rotherham.
The previous arrest was made in Rotherham on June 8, the man was arrested on suspicion of rape, drug offences and assault.
He was released on bail until November while investigations continue.
Operation Stovewood currently has 30 designated suspects and has prioritised making contact with 83 victims and survivors so far.
There are currently eight distinct major investigations within the overall investigation, the NCA said.