HIGH winds are battering Rotherham as Storm Doris makes its way across the country.
Chief photographer Dave Poucher took these pictures of Manvers Lake looking more like Blackpool seafront on Thursday afternoon.
Strong gusts of winds caused waves to run across the lake, breaching the lake’s boundary wall.
Rotherham Borough Council said it had dealt with a number of fallen trees on roads across the area so far today (Thursday).
A spokesman said it had dealt with the following incidents:
- St John’s Road, Laughton en le Morthen – tree blocking highway
- Barber Wood Road, Blackburn – unsafe tree next to road
- Worrygoose Lane, Whiston – half fallen tree obscuring carriageway
- Turnshaw Road, Ulley – fallen tree blocking both carriageways
- Dinnington Road, Woodsetts – tree blocking pavement and part of road
- Kirby Lane, Thorpe Hesley – blocking one side of the carriageway.