Manchester attack: More than 100 sign book of condolence for bombing victims

By Antony Clay | 25/05/2017

Manchester attack: More than 100 sign book of condolence for bombing victims
The book of condolence

A BOOK of condolence at Rotherham Minster for the victims of the Manchester terrorist attack has been signed by 103 people so far, according to Canon David Bliss.

The church set aside its Jesus Chapel as a place for prayer and reflection for people wishing to remember those killed and injured in the atrocity.

Canon Bliss said that young people have signed the book and children were queuing with their parents.

He said: “Because we had the book of condolence at the vigil on Wednesday the people were queuing up to sign it.

“I think it has given people an opportuinity to try and put into words the feelings they have had.

“There were lots of people wanting to sign.”

Mr Bliss said the book will remain at the Minster for a few weeks before it is sent to Manchester.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/