M1 and M18 to be closed for roadworks
By Sam Cooper | 06/02/2017
MOTORISTS using the M1 and M18 motorways near Rotherham face delays this week as upgrade works continue.
Highways England have announced a series of overnight carriageway and slip road closures as works to upgrade the M1 to a ‘smart motorway’ continue.
- The M18 southbound link to the northbound carriageway of the M1 motorway will be closed for five nights from Monday, February 6.
- The northbound carriageway of the M1 will be fully closed at junction 32 for the M18 for two nights on Saturday, February 11.
- The northbound carriageway of the M1 will be fully closed between the two slip roads at junction 33 for Catcliffe for three nights from Wednesday, February 8
- The southbound carriageway will be fully closed from junction 32 to junction 33 overnight for two nights from Monday, February 6.
- The southbound carriageway will be fully closed between the slip roads at junction 34 for Meadowhall for two nights from Monday, February 6.
- The southbound entry slip road at junction 33 for Catcliffe will be fully closed overnight for two nights from Monday, February 6.
Closures will be in place from 8pm until 6am each night and clearly signed diversions will be in place.
For more information visit www.highways.gov.uk.
The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.
Spotted something we should know about?
Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/