A MECHANICAL fault sparked a blaze at a Rotherham recycling plant.
Two fire crews and a turntable ladder were called to Ron Hull Recycling, on Mangham Road, Parkgate at around 12.30am on Wednesday.
They were called at 12.30am this morning to the Ron Hull Recycling site on Mangham Road, Parkgate.
Fire officers spent more than four hours at the scene.
A spokeswoman for South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the cause was believed to have been an accidental mechanical fault.
We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.