DROP-IN sessions are being held over the next month as part of a consultation on plans to impose licences on hundreds of Rotherham houses.
Critics of the move feel it is unfair to licence every private rental property in six specific areas at a cost of between £600 and £700 and suggested that landlords should be subject to a personal licence instead.
But the council said the proposed scheme would raise standards and encourage landlords to clamp down on anti-social behaviour.
Central Rotherham, Canklow, parts of Boston Castle, Eastwood and the Masbrough, Ferham, Meadowbank and Bradgate areas would be included in the scheme with some areas of Dinnington and Maltby.
The first event is on Friday at Rotherham Town Hall from 2pm to 7pm.
Other dates and venues are:
- Tuesday. January 28, from 10am to 2pm, at the Unity Centre, St Leonard's Rd, Rotherham, S65 1PD.
- Tuesday, February 4, from 2pm to 7pm, at the Ferham Children's Centre (Gym), The Ferham Centre, Ferham Road, Rotherham, S61 1AP.
- Friday, February 7 from 2pm to 7pm, at the Dinnington Resource Centre, 131 Laughton Rd, Dinnington, Rotherham, S25 2PP.
- Friday, February 7, from 2pm to 7pm, at the Maltby Joint Service Centre, Braithwell Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8JE.
- Monday, February 10, from 2pm to 7pm, at The Hub, 103 Canklow Rd, Rotherham, S60 2JF.
- Monday, February 17, from 2pm to 7pm, at Masbrough Community Centre, 94 College Rd, Rotherham, S60 1JE.
- Friday, March 7, from 2pm to 7pm, at the John Smith's Room, Rotherham Town Hall, The Crofts, Moorgate Street, Rotherham S60 2TH.