Chip pan, HGV and building blazes

By Antony Clay | 26/02/2018

Chip pan, HGV and building blazes

A CHIP pan left on a cooker sparked a blaze at an Aughton home on Saturday (February 24) evening.

Three fire crews were called to the property on Hall Road at 6.10pm and spent 20 minutes bringing the incident under control.

No-one was injured, a fire service spokeswoman said.

Firefighters also tackled a blaze in a HGV trailer on Rotherway, Hellaby, on Saturday morning at 11.55am.

Two fire crews were at the scene for 30 minutes and the fire was accidental, added the spokeswoman.

A blaze at a commercial building in Kimberworth also broke out at 2.30pm on Saturday and three engines attended.

The accidental fire was at a property on Wortley Road and crews were at the scene for 80 minutes.

No-one was injured.


The fact you are here means you are interested in what goes on in your town.

We want to continue holding local authorities to account, attending court and council meetings, as well as providing breaking news, competitions and offers – but it costs money. Online advertising does not cover costs, therefore we feel the need to ask for your help in ensuring we can provide the best possible coverage, online and in our printed products.
For as little as £1, you can support the Rotherham Advertiser – and it only takes a minute.
Click here to support local news.


Spotted something we should know about?

Call our Newsdesk on 01709 768146
Or email newsdesk@rotherhamadvertiser.co.uk
Message us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheRotherhamAdvertiser/