HISTORY buffs can get up close to examples of past industry at a popular visitor attraction.
People can visit the 1795 New Colliery at the Elsecar Heritage Centre seven days a week.
On open days throughout the year they can see demonstrations of the Newcomen engine — built at the direction of Earl Fitzwilliam and the oldest steam engine still in its original location anywhere — at noon, 1pm and 2pm.
The centre is open from 11am to 3pm.
Elsecar Heritage Centre is on Wath Road, Elsecar.